Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Soooo Mysterious

I was going to go in order and talk about my little crazy man Ethan, but how about I talk about my big crazy man instead? Ya, that's Kyle.
First of all, he's totally going to make fun of this font and my
horrible layout.That's what I get for marrying an artist. Kyle is soooooo mysterious. No really, he is. He does it completely subconsciously, yet intentionally at the same time (is that possible? I guess in my house it is). He's hard to get to know, admit it. I guess that is how you become when you lose someone you love very much. You put up an INSANELY thick wall of protection so you don't get hurt again. And although he was very young when he experienced said loss, he has never forgotten and has not really moved forward. I have only come to understand how much it is a part of him over the course of the last year or so. He has shared things with me that I had never heard in the 10 years of our marriage. NEVER! And I can see he is actually facing it for the first time in his life. It's very, very slow, but that is how healing tends to be. He's always mad at me for sharing personal details with people so I am sure when he reads this post he will not be to fond of me. But it will only last for a minute. And that's because of the rockin' giftI got him for Valentine's Day.
So yes it was 2 days late (because I'm always late), but I got the job done nonetheless. And why did I have to do it on one freakin' specific day anyway? He helps me EVERY single day. He does so much for all of us. He is hell bent on be an amazing dad. I know this for sure because he has been working late every night this week and I am the one who is holding the constantly screaming baby instead of him. It's rough.
Ahhh, him and his narrow-mindedness. I told him I wanted to send him something at work for Valentine's Day and he got soooooooo mad. He threatened me not to do anything because he HATES having attention drawn to him. I swear he thought I was going to send him a singing telegram or some jazz like that. But my gift was really simple and proably really stupid to most people. So here it is:


Kyle is obsessed with anything Zombie. Zombie movies, being a Zombie, etc....so zombie mints where the perfect gift. I read the ingredients. No mint, but there is artificial meat flavor in them. Yummy! On the side it says "Mmmmm! Brain Flavor!"

And this is a poster of his favorite sentence. Yes, that's right. I am the coolest wife ever.

So he called me from work today to tell me how awesomely cool I am. I am not even kidding, it was his favorite. He has so little faith in me sometimes, but I know him like clockwork. And he was kind of giddy, like I had hoped. Just trying to make the long work day go by a little faster.
So next time you see Kyle, you should give him a pat on the back, or maybe even a great big bear hug. I feel like he does so many amazing things that he doesn't get credit for. He is the bestest honey boney in the whole wide world and I love him lots. You should too.





1 comment:

Cap Creations said...

Hey, just a quick thank you for the donation for Brady!

If you want to email by replying to this email we can send you your printable birthday banner.

Thanks again!